I figured that any horror movie based on a video game couldn’t be any good—but boy was I wrong! I’m already a fan of zombie-related stuff (I’m a little obsessed right now, the way some are about vampires), but this movie really had it all for me. Beautiful, kick-butt girl: check. Blood-sucking zombies: check. Totally cute boys: check. Thrills and chills: double check. The perfect horror film: check! In Resident Evil, a woman wakes up to find herself in a place she’s not familiar with, being attacked by people she doesn’t know and forced to flee underground with some creepy commando’s against her will. As the group makes their way deeper underground, she realizes she may be their only chance at getting out alive.
Fun & Freaky Facts:
• The movie was originally titled Resident Evil: Ground Zero, but was shortened to Resident Evil after the September 11th terrorist attacks.
• Paul W. S. Anderson directed one other video game inspired movie: Mortal Kombat.
• Producer Jeremy Bolt appears as a zombie several times in the movie.
• The DVD bonus’ on this movie are incredible…seriously, you should check it out just for that alone!
• David Boreanaz was originally chosen to play Matt Addison but turned down the part to work on “Angel.”