Members of SubZero All-Stars’ Freeze team from Buffalo, NY, keep things moving on the mat with this five-skill sequence.
By Craig Callaway; All Photos by Curtis Callaway
American Cheerleader December 2008
This pyramid sequence is legal for USASF Levels 3 and up.
1. LOAD: On counts 5, 6, 7, 8, the stunt group sets into a load position for a single-leg stunt.
2. TORCH SCALE: On counts 1, 2, the group goes up to a Torch and hits a Scale on 5, 6. Note: The left side base has her left hand on the front of the top girl’s leg for extra balance and support.
3. LIB POST: On counts 1, 2, the group dips and pops on 3, 4, up into a Liberty in a Post position. NOTE: The left base uses her left hand to pop and then moves it under the top girl’s foot.
4. SCORPION: On counts 5, 6, 7, 8, the top girl pulls into a Scorpion.
7. BOW & ARROW: The top girl then pulls a Bow-N-Arrow on count 5.
8. SPONGE: The group dips on counts 1, 2 for another Sponge…
9. EXTENSION:…and goes back up into an Extension on counts 5, 6.
Want to see more cool stunts? Click here!