Five Things You May Not Know About Singer Alexis Jordan
As the first female artist on Jay-Z’s RocNation label, 18-year-old Alexis Jordan is pretty happy. So, it’s appropriate that her first single, which debuted at the top of the Billboard charts in 2010, was titled “Happiness.”
And though she’s starting to become more widely known within the music industry, this former cheerleader still has a few secrets up her sleeve. Here are five things you may not have known about Alexis Jordan…until now!
1. She was bullied growing up. “I went to four different high schools my freshman year. My high school experience was pretty tragic. Kids threw my backpack in the trash and poured milk all over it; I couldn’t find it for hours. I had people come to school with scissors, wanting to cut my hair just because it was long. I was threatened and was even escorted by police officers to my classes at one point. I powered through with the support of my mom and family. Just stick in there.”
2. She’s a shop-a-holic. “I love BCBG—it’s one of my favorite stores, and I bought a new shirt yesterday. It’s got chains all around it and a leather piece on the shoulder. It’s so cute!”
3. She’s loves Love. “I really like Jennifer Love Hewitt. I love her clothes on ‘The Ghost Whisperer,’ and she’s so pretty and comfortable with who she is, which I like.”
4. She’s not a tomboy. “I’m a girlie-girl to the fullest. I love makeup and bracelets. I wear necklaces and rings all the time. I’m really big into shoes, too. I have this pair at home that are pink with rhinestones all across the top. Every time I go somewhere in them, people are like, ‘Those are so cool!’ ”
5. She’s the ultimate gaming nerd. “I’m obsessed with video games. I love Mario Brothers on the original Nintendo. I also like Mario Kart and Crash Bandicoot. And Spiral, which is, like, a dragon game. I’ll get every single coin, every single box. I won’t stop until I get 100 on everything. I just like games in general.”