Published on August 9th, 2009 | by AC Magazine
Step by Step: Back Half from a Cradle
Spirit Central Showcases a Back Half from a Cradle
By Craig Callaway; All Photos by Curtis Callaway
This stunt sequence is legal for USASF Levels 3 and up.
1. START: The team starts in 5 stunt groups with the top girl facing the back. Each group consists of a top girl, two bases and a back spot.
2. SET: TOP GIRL: Hold up your left hand for the left base, lift your left leg for the front spot, and place your right hand in a tabletop position. SPOT: Grab the top girl’s left leg above and below the knee. LEFT BASE: Place your left hand under the top girl’s left leg and grab her left hand with your right hand in a handshake grip. RIGHT BASE: Place your right hand behind the top girl’s right leg and your left arm behind the top girl’s back.
3. LOAD: The groups load the top girls into a flat-back position while the left base holds the top girl’s hand at her chest.
4. TOSS HALF: The groups toss the top girls, legs first, up and over and into a half twist. NOTE: During this part of the transition, the left base does not let go of the top girl’s hand and remains in contact at all times.
5. CATCH: The sequence finishes in a cradle facing forward.