Hi readers! Today I’m sharing three braided hairstyles. I like coordinating my hairstyle with what I’m wearing, so I included outfit ideas for some extra inspiration! What braids are you loving right now?
Loose French Ponytail
1. Comb your hair back like you would to put it in a ponytail.
2. Begin a chunky French braid at the crown of your head.
3. Stop the braid at about your ears. Pull up the bottom hair and secure with a hair tie.
4. Wrap a strand of hair from the ponytail to hide the hair tie. Hold with a bobby pin.
Outfit: For a preppy and polished vibe, try a collared blouse tucked into a fitted skirt.
Mini Side Braid
1. Curl your hair with a curling iron. For a wavier look, use a wand.
2. Create a side part.
3. Begin the braid on the side with less hair.
4. French braid until you reach the back of your head. Secure with 2 bobby pins.
Outfit: Because this is an ‘edgier’ look, pair it with something leather. Think a leather jacket with boots!
Dutch Side Braid
This one involves a few more steps, so here’s a video that explains how it’s done. If you don’t have super long hair, she tells you how to make it work. (link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=QI3Mm2aLGQo)
Outfit: This hairstyle looks great with boho-inspired clothing. Pair it with a flared sleeve dress; they’re really in this fall!
photos by: Lauren Alexandra Photography